Click Here to Play Video
Monday - Saturday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Florida Septic Tank Association
Orlando Chamber of Commerce
Call us for a FREE septic tank analysis
The Do’s & Don’t’s of your Septic System
- Have a licensed contractor inspect the tank at least every 1-3 years.
- Have the tank pumped on a regular basis to prevent solids and sludge build up from entering the drainfield.
- If necessary, install gutters to re-route rain runoff.
- Grow grass above the system (NOT trees).
- Install water conservation fixtures or devices to reduce the total volume of water entering the system.
- Keep plumbing fixtures such as toilets and faucets in good repair to prevent leakage and wasting of water.
- Never flush paper towels, newspapers, wrapping paper, rags, or sticks into the system.
- Always fix and repair any leaking toilet or faucet.
- Never over-use ordinary household cleaning chemicals that will be flushed into the system.
- Never pour grease or other bulky waste into the system. Kitchen grease should always be poured into a can and disposed of in the garbage.
- Never plant trees or shrubbery in the drainfield.
- Never allow vehicles (cars, trucks, etc.) to drive across or park on the septic tank or drainfield.
- Never make one day laundry day. Space out wash loads throughout the week.